Iridium is one of the world leaders in cutting-edge satellite communication technology. With global reach, Iridium allows individuals and companies to keep track of their assets anywhere on the planet in real-time. With the advent of the Iridium Edge® Pro, the company has truly excelled in providing a highly reliable, durable and affordable product for both GPS fleet management and accurate asset tracking.
The Iridium Edge® Pro is a standalone device for precise asset tracking which can be deployed immediately as it combines existing terrestrial solutions with high-tech IoT satellite communication to instantly enable the user to track any asset no matter where in the world it is. It functions with patented Short Burst Data technology which provides a real-time update on the location of any asset or vehicle backed up with the stable worldwide network of Iridium satellites which work on a low-latency.
Designed with customisation in mind, the new Iridium Edge® Pro is able to be programmed to your exact specifications, giving it an advantage over the previous Iridium Edge® model which requires you to integrate it with another IoT system. Create your own end-user applications and monitor remotely, track assets in transit, provide security from a distance, and manage your fleets or vessels wherever they are.
Iridium Edge® Pro Key Features:
- A standalone product for monitoring assets and fleets remotely
- Small, lightweight and compact design
- Multiple connections possible
- Access to the global Iridium satellite network
- Highly programmable with integrated Java software
- Integration for both sensors and equipment Includes simulators for GPS, as well as I/Os
- Built-in features such as event logging and position reporting
- Allows geofencing to be enabled for fleet management
- Compatible with other cellular devices Can be programmed remotely
- Flexible installation
- Comes with temperature sensors and accelerometer
- Operates in harsh conditions -40C to 70C
- Resistant against salt spray, splashes and humidity
- Tough against vibrations and drops
Weighing in at just 200g with small dimensions of just 127cm x 90cm, this is the perfect device to install discreetly into your vehicles or attach to an asset for enhanced security. You can connect it directly to other machines with the 18 pin female mating connector, CANBus, USB or Bluetooth, there are also 2 analog and 2 digital inputs and outputs for maximum compatibility.
It has low 32V power needs, which is enough to cover all of the built-in capabilities such as internal sensors, a temperature sensor and an accelerometer.
Iridium Edge® Pro is compatible with our GTCTrack Mapping Portal - a cloud based application providing real time location updates, advanced alerts, reporting and user management. GTCTrack is compatible with numerous satellite and cellular GPS-enabled devices allowing you to view all your assets in one easy to use system.
Find out more about GTCTrack >
Find out more about Short Burst Data Plans