Standard Iridium Plan v. Iridium Flex Plan
||Standard Iridium Plan
||Iridium Flex Plan
|Dedicated US Number
||Add-On Service Available
|Monthly Inclusive Allowance
||Voice, Data and SMS
*12 Months minimum term can be reduced to 3 months when you pay a $50 activation fee.
Which is the best Iridium Plan for you?
- Activation Fee: The Standard Iridium Plan has a one-off activation fee for a minimum 3 month service plan. The Iridium Flex plan offers the option for a 3 month minimum term, rather than 12 months when you pay a $50 activation fee. Please note if you choose to pay a $50 activation fee there is no minimum term. Minimum cost will be one month's access fee + $50 activation fee.
- Anytime SIM Suspension: At any point during your contract you can suspend your SIM and reduce monthly payments to only $5 per month on the Iridium Flex Plan. There is no option to suspend your plan on the Standard Iridium plan.
- Dedicated Local Number: Customers signed up to the Iridium Flex Plan will be assigned a dedicated US or UK phone number and a SIM card free of charge. This results in much lower calling charges, as calls to the handset will charge at the same rate as the network rate, rather than the Satellite Phone rate. Iridium Flex customers must select their preference to a US or UK phone number, when completing the pay monthly contract. Customers on the Standard Iridium Plan can be provided with a US number as an Add-On Service, at an additional fee.
- Reactivation Fee: If your SIM becomes deactivated and you wish to use it again there is no reactivation fee. In fact, if you choose to use it at a later stage you will keep the same phone number - however standard contract charges do apply. . Customers on the Standard Iridium plan will be required to pay to $250 reactivation fee or order a new SIM card.
- Monthly Service Allowance: The Standard Iridium Plan's Inclusive Mins and SMS only include voice calls or SMS messages. The monthly allowance included in the Iridium Flex Plan extends beyond calls, to all services.
- Free Test Call Service: To test your number free of charge, call our test call service on +1-302-260-TEST.