Iridium announced an exciting new product at the CTIA Super Mobility conference this month with the launch of Iridium Edge, an off-the-shelf global asset tracking device.
Iridium Edge will work with the Short Burst Data (SBD) airtime tariffs - all contracts have just one month minimum term allowing flexible use.
The device will also be compatible with our GTCTrack mapping portal - this online system allows you to view live positions and view historic breadcrumb trail points. Multiple alerts can be set up to send to as many email addresses or mobile phone numbers as you require, giving you added peace of mind when you are away from your computer. These include such alerts as movement, enter/exit geo-fence, position, emergency and check ins as well as others. GTCTrack also allows the option to create multiple reports such as activity or position reports of a certain, or all devices under your account.
Key Features of Iridium Edge:
- Hardware-ready device for simple, low risk integration
- Low-cost device for affordable customer adoption
- Satellite add-on for truly global coverage
- Off-the-shelf availability for quick time-to-market
- Robust power supply for industrial installations
- Environmentally sealed for harsh conditions
- 180° line of sight for compromised, partially blocked locations
- Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) modem for Iridium's superior network advantages
- Fleet Management
- Remote Monitoring
- Asset Tracking