It is well known that Thuraya phones are brilliant for helping you to keep in touch in remote locations through voice and data services. A lesser known feature of the Thuraya phones is their ability to store and transmit geographical co-ordinates by GPS.
Thuraya GPS NavigationWith the Thuraya GPS navigation feature, you are able to locate your position anytime, anywhere within the Thuraya coverage area or compatible GSM coverage area. Once you have acquired the co-ordinates you can:
- Save co-ordinates on your Thuraya phone for later reference.
- Send co-ordinates by SMS to another phone.
- Send co-ordinates by SMS to the ThurayaLocate service.
How do I send my co-ordinates to ThurayaLocate?You acquire your co-ordinates through the Navigation menu of your handset. You can either choose to transmit your current position or historical positions you have saved as waypoints.
- Once you have selected the waypoint then choose “Send via SMS” from the menu
- Send to +278388918342 (dedicated ThurayaLocate number) and your co-ordinates will instantly show up on your ThurayaLocate account map. Date and time information is also transmitted.