Introducing the SPOT X Satellite Messenger - Bluetooth
Anyone heading into remote or isolated territory should consider carrying a SPOT X Satellite Messenger – Bluetooth with them to create peace of mind and situational awareness. When your smartphone loses signal, the SPOT X will allow you to enjoy two-way messaging and even SOS alerts should you run into unexpected difficulties. The device itself is light and compact, easy to stow away in the side pocket of a backpack, or can be clipped to a belt loop via the strap and carabiner included. On the move, you can navigate your way by using the device’s built-in compass, which can be easily viewable on the SPOT X’s 2.7” backlit display screen.
How a SPOT X Satellite Messenger Keeps You in Touch
From virtually anywhere in the world, and thanks to the Globalstar satellite network, you can exchange two-way custom messages with any cellular phone number or email address. Simply connect the SPOT X device to the SPOT X App (downloadable from Google Play or the App Store) and enjoy satellite connectivity at your fingertips.
Versatile Features of SPOT X for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Custom Messaging: Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from virtually anywhere in the world. SPOT My Account comes loaded with 14 predefined messages that you have the ability to customise and sync to your SPOT X device. Additionally, the illuminated qwerty keyboard display enhances the ease of sending custom messages. Your SPOT X will be issued with a unique US phone number allowing your contacts to easily contact you via their usual SMS method.
- Display Screen: The SPOT X has a 2.7" screen with a backlit display which allows you to view message status' and add contacts. Also, the satellite tracker is fully dust and water protected with an IP67 standard that is also impact resistant.
- Interval Tracking: Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface. The Check-in button is an important feature. It enables users to Quickly and easily let everyone know they're OK.
- SOS Capabilities: Activation of the SOS button sends GPS coordinates to FocusPoint International every 2.5 minutes until the SOS message is acknowledged by the emergency response centre. Once the request is acknowledged, GPS co-ordinates will be sent every 5 minutes and the 2-way messaging enables clear communicaton of the situation. In SOS mode the battery will last up to 7 days.
- Navigation: The SPOT X has a built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate whilst on your trip. Additionally, there is an SOS button on the device for emergency situations. Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue Center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
SOS Functionality and Two-Way Messaging
The SPOT X comes with integrated SOS and two-way messaging abilities to keep you reliably connected to friends, family, and the emergency services. Its purpose is different to other devices, such as a Garmin GPS tracker which is more about navigation. The SPOT X is about delivering custom communication and emergency alerts. Here's what you need to know about the SOS functionality on the SPOT X:
- Emergency Assistance: The SOS button on the SPOT X is designed to be used in critical or life-threatening situations. When you press the SOS button, it sends an emergency distress signal to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC).
- What is the IERCC? GEOS is a 24/7 emergency monitoring center that works with SPOT to respond to SOS messages. Once they receive an SOS alert from the SPOT X, they coordinate with local authorities and emergency services to initiate a rescue operation and provide assistance.
- Two-Way Communication: Unlike other SPOT devices that offer one-way communication, the SPOT X allows for two-way communication via text messages. This means that once you trigger the SOS, you can communicate directly with GEOS and provide them with additional information about your situation or any necessary updates.
- GPS Location Sharing: When you activate an SOS alert, it automatically sends your GPS coordinates along with the distress signal. This allows search and rescue teams to locate you more accurately and expedite the rescue process.
- Subscription: To use the device’s SOS functionality, you need an active SPOT subscription which you can purchase by contacting GTC. The subscription provides access to the GEOS emergency monitoring services and allows you to utilise the SOS feature in case of emergencies.
It's important to note that the SOS feature on the SPOT X should only be used in genuine emergencies where there is an immediate threat to life or health. False alarms or misuse of the SOS function can have serious consequences, as it may divert resources from genuine emergencies.
As always, our team of experts is here to help. So, if you need any advice about the SPOT X Satellite Messenger - Bluetooth, contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 112 3919