The LT-4200 Satellite Communications System (Iridium Certus® 200) is a maritime satellite communication product from Lars Thrane A/S. The LT-4200 system is designed for the professional market (deep sea, fishing, and workboats), but can be used for the leisure market as well. The LT-4200 system meets all standards and certification requirements needed for worldwide maritime satellite communication equipment.
The LT-4200 system has voice and data capabilities with 100% global coverage provided by the Iridium® Certus network. The LT-4200 system consists of a control unit, antenna unit, handset, and cradle. A single coaxial cable connects the control unit with the antenna unit. Using a standard coaxial cable, up to 150 meters of separation between the units can be obtained, giving freedom to mount the antenna unit in the best possible location, with free line of sight to the satellites.
The LT-4200 system can be used as the primary satellite communication product on vessels, covering the basic communication needs in terms of connectivity (ship to ship / ship to shore). The LT-4200 system offers three high quality voice channels, and IP-data up to 176 kbps (up) / 176 kbps (down), making it the perfect satellite communication product on board any vessel.
- 3 x high quality voice channels
- IP-data: up to 176 kbps (up/down)
- Single antenna cable solution (up to 150 m)
- Support for external SIP PABX and SIP handsets (up to 8)
- POTS through Analogue Telephone Adaptors (ATA)
- High-performance GNSS/GPS receiver
- Ethernet LAN interface on control unit
- Bluetooth for Private Area Network (PAN)
- Large 4.3” TFT display supporting day and night modes
- Firewall and user authentication for high level of security
- Configuration of firewall, port forwarding, and remote access
- PPPoE/JSON protocol for external IP-data management
- Web server for configuration and maintenance