Programming your Personal Locator Beacon:
- Please confirm the country you would like your PLB to be programmed. We always recommend programming your PLB to your country of residence, as when you register your device the form will ask you to provide an address in the country we have programmed it. Regulations in Germany and Spain require an MMSI for us to programme your PLB to these countries.
- Once you have specified the country for programming, proceed to checkout and select the shipping address we will be returning your PLB.
- You will receive confirmation that you have purchased the programming for your PLB and then you need to arrange the Personal Locator Beacon to be delivered to us. Please use a trackable courier to send your device to: Global Telesat Communications, 19-25 Nuffield Road, Poole, United Kingdom, BH17 0RU. Please provide us with the tracking number, so we know when we can expect your device. If you choose a non-trackable courier, we do not accept responsibity for your item until we receive it.
Registering your Personal Locator Beacon:
Registering your Personal Locator Beacon is required by law in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
Once you have received your programmed Personal Locator Beacon, the owner is required to register their PLB with the Cospas Sarsat website to add their device to the International Beacon Registration Database (IBRD). To register your device, you must provide your unique Beacon HEX ID number, which can be found on your PLB and box. Use the links below to register your device:
Country Registration: https://406registration.com/ / If the country you require for registration is not listed, please contact us >
UK customers can register at the link above, or register directly with the Maritime & Coastguard Agency: https://forms.dft.gov.uk/mca-sar-epirb/
Beacons We Can Programme
- ACR ResQlink 400 PLB (2921.62)
- ACR ResQlink View PLB (2922.62)
- Ocean Signal rescueME PLB1
- McMurdo FastFind 220 PLB (423-XXXXXX)
- McMurdo FastFind Ranger PLB (424-XXXXXX)