As a lot of us know by now, Apple recently announced that its new iPhone 14 model would come with emergency SOS alert functionality via satellite. This is one of the many emerging trends and developments in the race to implement satellite capabilities into the market’s latest smartphones, however, Thuraya have a tool that can transform your iPhone or Android smartphone into a satellite phone in the form of the Thuraya SatSleeve+.
Features of the Thuraya SatSleeve+
The Thuraya SatSleeve+ is a rocker in which your smartphone sits, and from there is given the ability to use apps and, importantly, make calls from beyond the reach of traditional mobile network coverage. There is no need to install Thuraya airtime, just slide your personal phone into the SatSleeve+ and use your phone as you would normally.
Some of the key features include:
Voice & SMS Capabilities
- Use your smartphone in Satellite Mode. When there is no terrestrial network available, you can make calls with powerful sound quality and send text messages using your phone's contact list.
- The Thuraya SatSleeve+ allows you to send and receive emails across Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East & Australia.
- Use your smartphone’s apps while you are on the move, including social media, instant messaging, information apps, and more.
- The SatSleeve+ comes with a programmable SOS call button that works even when your smartphone is not connected. The SOS button makes an outgoing call to a predefined number sent by the user.
What makes it stand out?
The Thuraya SatSleeve+ helps keep what’s yours, yours. You won’t have learn how to navigate your way around a new satellite phone, because you will be using your own phone just with souped-up satellite capabilities. The SatSleeve+ has even been tested with all iPhone models from the 4s to the 14 model, plus Samsung, Huawei, Sony Xperia, HTC, Google, Motorola, LG, Lenovo, LG, and ASUS models, meaning it is virtually guaranteed to work with whatever phone you may have. You will even save money with a SatSleeve+ because the price falls short of the cost of a Thuraya satellite phone.
Easily connect with smartphones
There are two expandable arms on either side of the Thuraya SatSleeve+ that hold your phone securely in place. When your phone is in place, simply extend the antenna and begin using your smartphone as you would on a day-to-day basis. The SatSleeve+ requires a WiFi password to be entered from your smartphone so that the two devices can be connected. You can then send data files such as imagery in original file formats or compressed versions (or turn that setting off altogether to save data).
As always, our team of experts is here to help. So, if you need any advice about the Thuraya SatSleeve+, contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800 112 3919