What Is An Asset Tracking System?
Asset tracking systems exist as online portals that people can create accounts on. From there, users register their satellite asset tracking device, mount it on the asset they wish to track (if they haven’t done so already) and begin monitoring the status and whereabouts of the asset or assets.
In What Ways Do They Work?
By being accessible online it means users can log in to their asset tracking account from anywhere in the world. One of the key benefits of an online asset tracking systems such as GTCTrack is that it can communicate across distances and keep accurate, up-to-date logs for everyone using it.
There are also smartphone tracking and vehicle tracking devices, and they can also be hardwired into a large piece of equipment or machinery. Users can then set up geofencing alerts so they can keep track of their larger items. If their tracked assets go beyond the set digital boundary, the user will be notified immediately.
GPS asset tracking software also lets people keep everything on one, easy-to-use dashboard. Fleet management systems can be simplified with a GPS asset tracking system.
Common Features of Asset Tracking Systems
GTCTrack comes with a wealth of smart and powerful asset tracking features.
Real-time Asset Tracking
- Locations can be transmitted to GTCTrack in real-time giving you up to the minute data on your teams. No matter how many assets you are monitoring, GTCTrack can continually update up to 40,000 live positions without even having to refresh the screen.
- GTCTrack gives you the ability not only to receive incoming data but also to send messages and commands back to devices.
- With compatible devices GTCTrack can transmit settings to individual or groups of assets in an instant as well as sending commands or requesting remote diagnosis.
- Detailed reports bring your asset tracking information into one easy to view place, helping increase efficiency when making future business decisions. Setup scheduled reports or run them whenever you need.
- Easily set geofences on the map for individual or groups of assets and receive an alert if an asset crosses the boundary.
- GTCTrack is compatible with devices from more than 20 manufacturers. If your device has GPS, we can integrate it into our system.
Users & Roles
- Different roles can be applied to individual users allowing control over sensitive data.
- Emergency, speed, power on/off, low battery alerts – whatever system your hardware is integrated with the information can be transmitted to GTCTrack in the form of an alert.
Multilingual & Multi-platform
- English, Spanish, French, and German are the currently available languages supported by GTCTrack. Should you require another language, other than what is offered, we can easily configure the system to output information into any language you need. Aside from being a multilingual platform, it is also capable of reporting information in various types of measurement. MPH or KPH, American Metric system or SI.
Use of Asset Tracking Systems Has Many Benefits
- Insights and analytics
The data and information generated from an asset tracking system is invaluable and enables users to make informed next-step decisions or take action if needed.
- Improved productivity and efficiency
Because users can access asset tracking information completely remotely, it saves them having to spend time travelling to and from their assets’ location in order to gain insight.
With GTCTrack, users can add as many asset tracking devices as they like onto a single account and remove them or add more as their needs change. This flexibility makes asset tracking using GTCTrack scalable and as fluid as possible.
As always, our team of experts is here to help. So, if you need any advice about satellite asset tracker systems, contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 112 3919