Global Telesat Communications is pleased to have been approved by Iridium as an Authorized Iridium Push-to-Talk Reseller Iridium's Push-to-Talk (PTT) solution is the world’s first global, satellite-based push-to-talk service. It enables fast, simple, and global group communications at the push of a button, enabling instant communication between participants located anywhere on earth. Iridium can deliver push-to-talk the way it was meant to be, without the expense and limitations of traditional ground-based towers and repeaters.
Iridium Push-To-Talk (PTT) Satellite Phone
Iridium Push-to-Talk users will make a connection using the Iridium PTT Handset which facilitates global push-to-talk service as well as all the popular features of the Iridium 9575 Extreme satellite phone including voice, SMS, and GPS tracking via satellite.
The Iridium Extreme PTT has an IP65 rating which means it is dust proof, shock resistant and jet water resistant. It also offers military-grade 810F durability.
There are various airtime options for Iridium PTT depending on how many users and regions you need to use the system in. PTT plans have just a one month minimum term and Monthly Fees start from $750 for 2 x PTT handsets operating within 100,000 km2.See all PTT Airtime Options Once the user has set-up their desired Talk Group Plan with GTC all Talk Group and Handset settings can be controlled directly by the user through the Iridium PTT Command Center.
- Have a Monthly Fee based upon the Size Limit
- Can contain an unlimited number of handsets (there will be a separate monthly fee for each handset)
- Can be set by the user in the Control Center in Circular or Rectangular areas or by using specific latitude / longitude coordinates in a list view
- Can be split into up to 10 different coverage "regions". There are no restrictions on where the coverage may be placed on the earth.
- Can be assigned to a maximum of 15 Talk Groups
- Will be charged a single Monthly Fee for PTT
- Standard Iridium Voice & Data services will require a separate contract