Satellite communication devices ensure we can remain reliably connected from even the world's most remote locations where terrestrial comms infrastructure either does not exist or has been damaged by natural or manmade disasters.
We speak to customers from all walks of life who are taking on record-breaking challenges or visiting hazardous, dangerous, even life-threatening regions. Every customer requires something different depending on the nature of their adventure, trip, or excursion, and we understand the the difficulties faced when deciding what kind of satellite hardware to choose ahead of departure.
Below are some key examples of popular device types. We will pick out their benefits, key features, and basic usage so you can be that little bit more informed.
- Key Features: Voice calls, SMS, Data Transfer, SOS
- Applications: Disaster Relief, Emergency Response, Military Personnel
- How to Use: Similar to an everyday phone, use dial pad to call and text
- Benefits: Global/Near-Global Coverage, Highly Portable, Robust, Clear Voice Clarity
- We Recommend: Iridium Extreme®, Iridium 9555, Inmarsat IsatPhone 2
- Key Features: Location/Interval Tracking, SOS, Two-Way Messaging
- Applications: Lone Worker, Outdoor Pursuits, Asset Tracking
- How to Use: Sync to phone via Bluetooth, set tracking interval, store securely to track location
- Benefits: Lightweight, Portable, Reliable, Accurate
- We Recommend: ACR Bivy Stick, Garmin inReach Messenger, Motorola Defy Satellite Link
Satellite WiFi Hotspots
- Key Features: Calls, Messaging, Emails, Apps
- Applications: Emergency Comms, Offshore Boating/Marine, Utilities
- How to Use: Connect hotspot to a smartphone or laptop and use in the same way as an at-home wireless router
- Benefits: Reliability, Secure Communications, Fast Download Speeds, Multi-User Access
- We Recommend: Iridium GO! exec® WiFi Hotspot
As always, our team of experts is here to help. So, if you need any advice about any of our communications devices, contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800 112 3919