When looking to buy a satellite phone we know that you probably have lots of questions on coverage, phone features and whether the handset is right for you.
We also know that you have options when it comes to where you buy your satellite phone so make sure you consider these extra points before making that important purchase.
1. Have I been given all the options available?
Make sure that you have considered all available satellite phones before making your purchase. Some retailers only offer higher priced models which may offer features that you don't require. At Global Telesat Communications we offer all satellite phone models currently supported by the manufacturer:
- Iridium: 9505a, 9555, 9575 Extreme
- Inmarsat: IsatPhone Pro
- Globalstar: GSP-1700
- Thuraya: SG-2520, XT, XT DUAL, SatSleeve
2. Does the phone come with all the standard accessories?
Most satellite phones come with a wide range of accessories to get you started including wall chargers, DC chargers, data cables and handsfree headsets. Some retailers sell handsets without all the original accessories to offer a lower price but this is not always clear - this is an important point to remember when comparing prices. At Global Telesat Communications we always provide our satellite phones with the original manufacturer's accessories. The standard accessories that should come with the phones are:
- Iridium Handsets: Battery, Leather Holster, AC Charger with 4 int'l adapters, DC Charger, USB Data Cable, Wired Handsfree Headset, Antenna Adapter, Auxiliary Antenna
Inmarsat Handset: Battery, AC Charger with 4 int'l adapters, DC Charger, USB Data Cable, Wired Handsfree Headset
- Globalstar Handset: Battery, AC Charger
- Thuraya Handsets: Battery, AC Charger with 4 int'l adapters, USB Data Cable, Wired Handsfree Headset
3. Are the top-up options reasonable?
It's always great to get a bargain but make sure that you check what your ongoing costs will be. If you are planning to top-up regularly or take out a contract be sure to enquire what the ongoing top-up charges will be otherwise you may find yourself losing money in the long run even after saving money on the intial purchase. At Global Telesat Communciations we constantly monitor competitor pricing and offer some of the lowest pricing on top-ups in the UK.
4. Does the phone come with the latest firmware pre-installed?
Your phone's arrived and you can't wait to get started! But first you have to fiddle around installing firmware. Save yourself the hassle and check that the sat phone comes with the latest firmware pre-installed. If it doesn't, ensure that the retailer does this for you before dispatch. We always ensure that our handsets are ready to use out of the box as we know you will be keen to get testing!
5. What after sales support is offered?
Too often you receive excellent service in the lead up to a sale but not so much after sales support as you might want! We offer support via phone, email, Skype, webinar...whatever is best for you. And unlike other retailers we are happy to help with your enquiries outside of office hours via email.